Greetings from Snoops and Kommando Kitty. This week we have a game for you. We’re going to give a list of characteristics and you need to identify the kind of cat being described.
We know this isn’t much of challenge for you kitties, so we recommend you team up with a human. You can help them with the hard ones.
There is a list of possibilities at the top and answers at the bottom. The pictures do not correspond to the description above or below. There are more possibilities than there are clues.
Some are breeds and some are coat patterns. Good luck!
Possible answers: American Shorthair, Balinese, Calico, Havana Brown, Maine Coon, Norwegian Forest, Siamese, Siberian, Snowshoe, Tabby, Tonkinese, Tortie, Turkish Angora
Hint: Snoops is a representative of one of these cats
- Males are generally considered good luck.
- Early Japanese sailors thought they could chase away storms
- Official state cat of Maryland
- An Irish wives’ tale says that rubbing a foot wart on this cat’s tail will make the wart go away
- Maneki neko, a Japanese cat good luck talisman, is usually this cat
- Mix of Burmese and Siamese
- Likes to talk
- Very affectionate
- Loves interactive toys
- Very playful and energetic
- Likes to talk
- Sensitive to human moods
- Great leapers
- Highly social
- Highly intelligent
- Crave human attention
- Love to touch their favorite humans
- Love to carry toys and other objects in their mouths
- Very adaptable to new situations
- Love water
- Great jumpers
- One of the largest breeds
- Very playful
- Natural athlete
- Friendly and family-oriented
- Adaptable to new situations
- Fun loving
- Would rather cuddle than prowl
- Thought to have a strong attitude about most things
- Celts believed the males were good luck
- Japanese sailors believed the males protected them from ghosts
- Are believed to bring money and have psychic abilities
- If you dream about one, you’ll soon be in love
Answers: 1 – Calico, 2 – Tonkinese, 3 – Balinese, 4 – Havana Brown, 5 – Siberian, 6 – Norwegian Forest, 7 – Tortie
Humans, don’t feel bad if you missed some, we cats have trouble telling most of you apart too.
Ed. Note: Don’t forget that the cats that need you most are the (mainly) moggies/mixed breeds that are found in shelters. And most of them have paw-some personalities.
Pictures courtesy of Google Images.
16 thoughts on “Cat Forum: Name That Cat”
I only got the first 2. That was fun though 🙂
Congratulations! I’m not sure I would have gotten any of them.
Too easy. They are all obviously the same breed. The “should-be-mine breed!!
Our kind of person! Purrs, Snoops and Kommando Kitty
Hmmmmm We’d never heard the thing ’bout warts or ’bout bringin’ money or fallin’ in luv. MOL Have fun. Big hugs
Dezi and Raena
Aww, I wish o could say I got them right but Mrs H just melted st all the cute images so we didn’t get beyond looking for a tuxedo in the answers, Mol. Great fun though and look forward to answers next time
(the answers are at the bottom)
Wowy, Mom really flubbed that up. She only got 1/7 right! I didn’t help her, ’cause I wanted to see how much she knows, and clearly she needs to do some studying! Tee hee hee. The pics are grr-eat!
Thank you! Humans really do need to spend more time learning about us. Purrs, Snoops and Kommando Kitty
I got 1, 2, was close on 3(picked Siamese), got 4 and then fell apart.
Excellent work! You did better than anyone else I’ve heard from. Your cats should be proud of you
That was quite fun! We wish The Humans could figure out what combo our Lily is, she has quite the unusual markings!
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Alberto & The Tribe of Five
Glad you liked it. Lily is a beautiful kitty
“Thought to have a strong attitude about most things” — Oh, yes, most definitely a tortie. ❤
They like to think of it as being pleasantly assertive. 🙂