Tony saw the poster announcing tryouts for Santa’s Sled Team. Tony came from a long line of sled reindeer going back to Blitzen and was eager to take his turn. He wrote down the web address for the application and went home to complete it.
When he opened the application, he was surprised by the length. As he read through it, he wasn’t sure he would make it after all. Or if he wanted to.
Application for Seasonal Employment
Job Description: Work as a team member of an eight reindeer group to pull Santa’s sleigh on Christmas Eve.
- Ability to fly long distances at a consistent speed
- Ability to make frequent short stops for an extended period of time
- Ability to haul large cargo for long distances
- Ability to work in a close, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in stressful environment
- Ability to be flexible
- Working knowledge of GPS preferred
- Prior package delivery experience preferred
- Antlers must have sloughed for season
- Hooves must be tough enough to stop quickly on icy roofs
- Must be between 75-80 inches long
- Must weigh between 350-400 pounds
- May not be pregnant
- Must be able to train for at least 12 hours/day without physical collapse
Please note: Santa’s workshop is a drug-free environment and you will be required to pass random drug tests as well as a pre-employment screening. Additionally, all applicants will be required to pass a physical exam prior to hire.
Phone Number (home):
Phone Number (cell):
Preferred method of contact:
Why do you want to be one of Santa’s reindeer (200 words or less)?
Why do you think you would be a better candidate than other reindeer (200 words or less)?
Describe any previous experience in a related field.
Do you have any relatives currently working for Santa?
Do you have any relatives who have worked for Santa in the past?
Are you currently under contract with the Easter Bunny?
Thank you for your interest in being one of Santa’s reindeer. If you are chosen for an interview, you will be contacted. Please do not call our office.
Santa’s Workshop is and equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on species, gender or age.